Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Well hello there...

Ugh... it always gets to be so long between posts - and not for lack of ideas!  I have tons of things I feel like I could write about but no time and/or energy to make them happen!  Sorry!  I'm sure you were just moping around without me!  ; )

I am NOT going to write everything I'm thinking about in this one post.  Nope, won't do that to you.  Because, honestly, I don't read long posts so I'm sure you won't either!  : )

So Christmas.  We had a FABULOUS holiday vacation, no thanks to Mother Nature.  About a week before break, when she heard we were driving to ND, my principal told JJ and I that we should leave early our last day of school.  She definitely did NOT have to twist our arms!  Tuesday morning (Dec. 21) JJ dropped both M and I off at school and we stayed until about 9am.  Meanwhile, JJ loaded the van and even picked up some fresh bagels!  M did really, really well on the drive.  Her neglectful parents, however, should be ashamed of themselves because TWICE she peed through her dipes.  I guess we should've taken just a few more rest breaks!  The roads got yucky a little over 100 miles from Fargo, but about 11 hours after leaving, we arrived safely at Uncle A, Auntie L and cousins' house.  Phew!

We enjoyed some visiting and headed out for the Bizzo to visit my family for Christmas.  We got to town a little early and started by saying hi to Grandma at work.  Then JJ made his new FABULOUS Japanese stir fry for supper.  YUM.  Tons of visiting, spoiling, games, food, presents, hugs, baking, etc. ensued.  *Hopefully I'll fill this in at a later date!*

Then we headed back to Fargo for New Year's.  Oh yeah, and another storm (not to mention the fact that I was sick - more on that, too) which left us stuck in Valley City as interstate closed to both the east and west.  Thank goodness the VC has hotels and restaurants.  We spent a lovely evening at the AmericInn, waiting to hear about the opening of roads.  The next morning, eager travelers ventured out taking highways.  JJ was pretty firm that he was not just going to willy-nilly drive around with his pregnant wife and baby girl.  After a few people had phoned back saying they had made it and that roads were near perfect, we decided to give it a go.  Well.  Roads were NOT perfect or near that, but about 2 1/2 hours later, we DID arrive in Fargo again!  Yippee!  M quickly began bossing Uncle A around and while no one made it until midnight, we did celebrate New Year's with family!

Interstate stayed closed Saturday, so the poor J fam got to put up with our ~2 week traveling crabbiness for another day.  The roads opened around 10am Sunday morning, so off we went.  M again did an awesome job traveling, and J even got her to expand her horizons with The Sound of Music- listening to not only "The Puppet Show" and "Cuckoo", but also "Do!" and "Favorite Things!"  Right about 10 hours after leaving, we pulled into our good old parking spot, warn out but so excited to be home. 

1 comment:

Lyz said...

Um, we did NOT suffer. We were glad you did not have a chance to run out on us early. We are very selfish.