Saturday, January 8, 2011

What can I say? We like to share...

Besides laughter, good memories, and a healthy dose of pinochle competition, another thing that was shared this Christmas was a nasty illness.  It seemed to start with my Dad, who was not feeling well Thursday afternoon when he got home from work.  By Sunday, my cousin C was also sick and Sunday evening was pretty terrible for me.  I know you love hearing about all of my illnesses -- it seems like I just keep going through them -- but here're the gory details.  We went to bed about 10:30 or so and around 11:30 I woke up feeling very ill.  I woke JJ up and told him I felt like I was going to throw-up, diarrhea, or faint.  It was not a pretty sight.  Basically for the next half hour or so, JJ had to either hold me on the toilet or over it as I got sick again and again, all the while feeling on the brink of passing out.  Fabulous.  Thank goodness I turned around shortly after getting sick three times, because I was on the verge of having JJ load me up and take me to the emergency room.  But, as quickly as it came over me, it was over and I was feeling fine.  Phew!

Next, it spread to baby C, who threw up repeatedly at my grandma's house, oh yeah, and it was the day they were flying to AZ.  Not so great!  He threw up one more time at the airport before snoozing during the flight and feeling fine.  He paid it forward to his grandma and grandpa (my Aunt S and Uncle D) after they had gotten home.

Thursday morning we planned on leaving fairly early for Fargo, BUT M woke up with throw up in her pack-and-play AND I was sick AGAIN.  Throw up PLUS the big D.  I feel like we could've traveled with the pukie issues, but the big D?  No way.  I called my doctor --- that darn HELLP syndrome is always in the back of my mind now.  My brother borrowed JJ's doctor kit and took my blood pressure, which was definitely normal, thank goodness.  By around 11:30 I felt like I could travel and away we went --- in not so great road conditions (me sitting on garbage bags -- JJ did NOT want to chance it!).  After a throw-up session, car style, JJ stopped in Jamestown to clean up a little and get himself and M some lunch.  Back on the road, I started feeling better again, but that is when interstate closed as soon as we got to Valley City - teeny-tiny town in ND about an hour from our destination: Fargo.  We DO feel VERY, VERY fortunate, however, because one of the big reasons interstate closed was a ONE HUNDRED car pile up on interstate.  There are so many what-ifs - but I do believe God's Hand was upon us that day, because we could've easily been right in the middle of it.

No comments: