Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Work

I have had a HUGE thing happen at school.  My district has hired my long term sub -- and has hired her NOW.  She's working as a para -- mornings at a Middle School and afternoons with ME!  How fabulous is that?  I think it's pretty genius.  1) Who knows when the babe will decide to show up.  2) One of my kids in particular NEEDS to build rapport with anyone working with him.  3) I don't have to work too hard at transition plans --- my sub will see what we've been doing (i.e. programs, rules, which teachers to go to for what, the "hidden curriculum", etc.).  She seems pretty on top of things and I think she'll be great with the kiddos. 

Isn't it awesome?  I continue to count my blessings.

The other thing I recently found out is that I only have to come back to school for roughly two weeks in order to keep my benefits.  Phew!  I'll still have several days without pay, BUT at least I won't have to pay COBRA or lose my insurance.  If you're confused - I haven't worked for a year in the district, so I don't qualify for FMLA (which guarantees 12 weeks off).  That magic day is May 13th.  That's IF the little bugger comes when he's supposed to!

2 comments:

The Elwells' Weekly said...

So glad things are working out so well! And I can't believe he is going to be here so soon!

Lyz said...

Wonderful!