Monday, January 31, 2011

Real KC-ers

JJ was really stressed out (as stressed out as JJ gets) about uprooting us and moving to KC this summer (I think especially knowing at that time that baby #2 was on his way - even though no one else knew it at the time).  I was reflecting on living in KC the other day and am just really feeling happy about this period in our lives.  I am so proud of JJ -- he is doing so well in school and is so balanced.  I love how he puts his family first but is committed to school.  I love how he gets excited about new things he's learning.  I just love how he can explain it to me too - I can see how awesome his bedside manner will be.  I'm so hoping he gets into a specialty where he can use his skills at teaching people as well as healing them.  Ok, enough about my amazing hubby!

I was at a bookstore the other day and found A Kid's Guide to KC and had to snatch it up.  I gave it to JJ as a gift saying how much I'm loving where we're at.  I want this piece of our family timeline to be remembered by special family times together exploring this new area.  Oh, and I all of a sudden have this pressure of --- What should we be doing before we have a newborn in tow??!

So, here are a few of our outings (a picture session with our friends took us to most of these places!):

*The Great Mall we met friends here and had a good time discovering new stores - there was a fun play place but when we have more time, we would definitely hit up Monkey Bizness!
*Union Station fun restored building with LOTS of room for kiddos to run!  It also holds Science City - which we'll have to hit up another time, as well as a planetarium.  We checked out a free train exhibit with tons of "choo-choos".
*Crown Center COOL shopping area.  We didn't have a chance to check out too much - but I've heard we need to go back and visit Kaleidoscope.  Did you know Hallmark originated in KC?  They have a neat area for kids to do crafts with tons of card supplies.
*Crayola Cafe  Ok, I'll be honest.  I thought this would be neater.  The food was good, for sure, and we had a good time hanging out with our friends, but I thought for a CRAYOLA place, it would be much more kiddo centered.  M did walk away with a cool crayon-themed cup and balloon (that flew to the ceiling shortly after...).

But... the thing that makes us feel most like true KC-ers?  We finally had our very first taste of Chick-fil-a.  And, oh yeah, it was gooood!

No comments: