Sunday, January 30, 2011

Future Announcer?

Lately M is our little play-by-play announcer.  And, if I may say, the kid kind of has a knack for it.  She makes any old situation sound pretty exciting.  Take, a routine bathroom break, for example.

Mommy going potty!
Aaaaaand Mommy wiping!
Mommy WASH HANDS!!!

This is particularly "amusing" when we're out in public. . .  Like when I took M to work one morning (before Christmas break).  As we walked down the hallway, M couldn't help but tell everyone, "Mommy going potty."  (and just to be clear, she means Mommy is going to go potty... or Mommy has to go potty... or some such phrase that would indicate Mommy is not ACTUALLY currently going potty!  I am 34 weeks along, but have been doing my kegels, thankyouverymuch!)

This is also very useful when Mommy is busy -- like this morning -- I needed to jump in the shower and JJ was finishing up our entry for our Church's chili cook-off tonight.  I brought M with me and let her tool around in the bathroom.  She's usually *pretty* good and of course we have childproofed our bathroom somewhat.  I also checked on her between each step.  But, it was VERY useful when M narrated, "M climbing!"  She might as well have come with an alarm: *warning!  warning!  warning!  M climbing!*

1 comment:

AJ said...

That should be a new child safety device. Call it "The Tattler". Clip it to your child and when they go places they shouldn't it alarms.