Friday, January 7, 2011

Special Gifts

Everyone was so generous over Christmas - even though we WEREN'T supposed to get anyone anything except for the babies, of course.  I should mention here that we spent Christmas with my parents, brother, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle D, Aunt S, cousin C (her baby C), cousin T, and Uncle D.  Baby C is about 5 months younger than M, and about 5x as rambunctious.  He desperately wanted to give M huggie-lovies the whole time, and showed his love with a few choice hair pulls.  This, of course, turned M off of him for good and she just about screamed when she saw him coming, while he screamed with delight when he saw her.  I'm sure they'll be good buddies some time soon!  Watching the babies ooh and ahh over everything Christmas has to offer is such a blessing.  While we tried (so hard) to put Jesus at the center of our celebrations, M's favorite songs this season were "Santa Baby" and "Jingle Bells", to replace last year's "Run, Run Rudolph".  I guess you can't win them all. 

The babes had the most presents to open and it was so funny because after the first few, M could almost care less.  It was basically more work for JJ to keep her interested in the next gift.  She did do a very nice job thanking each person for their present and does love the very wonderful things she received, which includes a beautiful big girl quilt that my Mom made her, lots of cute and stylish clothes and of course the cooking toys from Uncle D, cousin C and baby C.  I'm not sure if baby C opened any of his gifts on his own, but he did receive some pretty fun stuff as well! 

Another very fun gift this year was a special calendar my aunt and mom put together for my grandparents.  It is a page-a-day calendar and each day has a special memory about one or both of them.  I know it took a lot of work to round up 365 precious moments in time and organizing lots of people, but it turned out so awesome.  Then, my aunt had one made for each of us!  It is so cool!  Each day makes me laugh, cry, or both.  We almost immediately all dropped everything and just sat and read.   

No comments: