Monday, July 7, 2008

TAF Time

That old saying "sometimes you don't know what you've got till it's gone", well I think the corollary could be true as well -- "sometimes you don't know what you've got till it's back"! My bff TAF and I were inseperable while we were hall directors at the local university. Our first year we really bonded together as newbies and our second year we bonded as Wilkerson returners to an amazing staff. Seriously, no one could've planned a staff that was as great as ours. We should've participated in a qualitative study. We did things together socially. We were professional when we needed to be (*most* of the time!). We had eachother's backs and had a great time throughout the year.

So after all of this closeness, TAF decides to go and get hitched and move to Thailand of all places! Well, guess what, she's baaaack! And it's been so wonderful. Though she lives a few hours away, it is much easier connecting than... well... a few timezones away. We've seen eachother a few times since she's been back, but this last weekend was like the best ever. Our boys were entertained (the F's own rockband for wii, need I say more?) so we could sneak off and talk girl talk. It is sooooo great to have a closeness with someone besides JJ that I can spill the beans with. We try really hard to maintain a Christian prospective, but there are times when it is theraputic to just DISH! : ) TAF even said one morning that she slept better than she has in a long time because she got to chat with someone about some things she's been worrying about. Her husband, MEF is great, but I know from personal experience that guys just aren't Chatty Cathys, and they never will be, and that just has to be another reason why God created man and woman. I can't wait for my next TAF time and am so glad I have a bff who encourages me and loves me for who I am!

No comments: