Monday, July 21, 2008

I could never make it as a cheerleader...

Last night at snack time, our niecey L and nephew B were eating grapes. I went to the refrigerator and decided I'd try some cherries. BIL AJ said, "Don't tell the kids or they'll want some!" I went back to the table empty handed and decided I'd wait until after they were in bed. I told niecey L that I knew what I was going to have for snack later and I spelled out c-h-i-p-s and s-a-l-s-a. She didn't know what it spelled and I said it started with ch-. She still couldn't guess it so I broke it down ch- i- p- s-. She got tired of my game and Uncle JJ came to the table eating cherries! I said, "No! You're not supposed to eat c-h-e-e-r-i-e-s in front of the kids or they'll want some." He was thoroughly confused and said, "I'm not eating c-h-e-e-r-i-o-s." I was like, "I know! C-h-e-e-r-i-e-s! You know, what you're eating right now!" This went back and forth for a while until he finally said, "You're spelling cheeries! Cherries is spelled with one e and two r's!" Oh man! I don't know if I'll ever be a good parent who teases their kids with spelling if I can't spell in the first place! : )

No comments: