Saturday, July 12, 2008

Indulging in the Classics

I have not watched many classic movies. The favorites around my house growing up were The Sound of Music, Dirty Dancing and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. C'mon.... classics! We went to our good friends CJ and JPJ's house tonight for a fish fry (and soup for me, thank you!) and played another grueling battle of Scene It. Girls won a week or two ago and it was time for a rematch. This time the boys were victorious (darn you JJ and your ability to fill in the blanks!). But, throughout it became evident that I am lacking in knowledge of some classic movies. For example, I had no idea who Humphrey Bogart was -- in Sabrina. Also, I've never watched Casablanca or I don't know, basically any other old movie. CJ and I decided to start watching Jane Austin movies together. Tonight we started with one episode from the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice and I stayed awake. the. whole. time. Yay for me! But now it's time for bed!

1 comment:

Lyz said...

6 hours of Colin Firth is six VERY SHORT hours.

But not really an "old" movie, dear! Try something with Marilyn Monroe - How to Marry a Millionaire is very fun.