Sunday, July 13, 2008

My diet is going down the drain

I'm not offically on a diet, but I have been trying to at least pay attention more to what goes into my body. I've also been kicking up my water intake -- which is wonderful for so many reasons except trips to the bathroom. And if you know me, you know my body's rule of thumb is one glass of water = 3 trips to the bathroom, so you can just imagine MORE water. Today, I woke up and had a bowl of honey bunches of oats with almonds, a fruit cup, cup of water and my daily vitamin. Not bad right? (Just from that one glass of water, I couldn't make it through our Church service without hitting the bathroom during Pastor Keith's sermon--sorry buddy). Then after Church, we went to Whitey's with our friends the J's where I had about half of a cheeseburger, some fries and lots of those bagel chip thingies they bring before the meal. Mmmmmm. Thennnnnn, while my friend CAJ and I watched the REST of Pride and Prejudice, I ate a whole bowl full of popcorn (like a baking bowl, not a cereal bowl) and 2 brownies (and four glasses of water). For supper I decided one pudding cup would do it, while JJ and our friends RE and JN ordered pizza. I don't necessarily like to dwell on food, but I have started writing down everything I eat just to hold myself accountable. I read that it is one of the best ways to lose weight. I'll let you know how it goes. Since I've started keeping track, I've lost 5 pounds. Sounds good for a start, but let's keep it going!

No comments: