Tuesday, July 8, 2008

RMAC

This morning I worked at RMAC -- a center for adolescents. I'm not 100% sure of the circumstances that lands one in RMAC, but I was told several times how to call for backup if I needed it, yada yada yada. That was enough to make my nightmares last night about one kid grabbing my hair while the others scrambled out of the treatment facility, etc. Maybe the prayers sent out while lying awake at 4am were answered because there I was with five kiddos staring back at me this morning. And guess what. The kids were great. Like really great. The day went superfast and tomorrow we're basically just watching The Diary of Anne Frank almost the whole time. At then end of today I pulled out some fav. books of mine to read to them while they were finishing work/having free time. One girl said I was acting like they were three, but by page 2, everyone was engrossed. There's just something about Mem Fox and Todd Parr. They're grrrreat.

No comments: