Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oh really? I'm not? Boo hoo hoo

I was reading with a kiddo yesterday and he was NOT thrilled about what he was supposed to read for me. Usually he gets to choose or we continue where we left off in familiar books, but yesterday he had to read a specific thing I prepared because 1) it contained all of the DOLCH words and 2) I was doing a running record to assess his reading fluency and comprehension. When he came to the word "pretty", he tried a couple of times before he gritted his teeth and said, "Pretty - that's not what you are!" Then he glanced at me to see my reaction. Too bad we are once again playing the game "I win", so I smoothly and calmly said, "Good work! You identified the word! Now keep going." hehe

1 comment:

Lyz said...

I love it when kids use their little weapons against us and think they are going to work just as well as they do on their buddies.

Well guess what? WE'RE NOT TWELVE.