Friday, May 1, 2009

The Bizzo

Bizzo. Oh, dear Bizzo. I enjoy Bismarck. I at least used to know my way around and it just feels so homey and familiar. So, last night I got home and my Mom and I decided to pick up my Grandma together. She was waiting in her usual spot by the window with my Grandpa. She looked. Looked again. Elbowed my Grandpa. They're both looking. I don't think it sunk in until I was in their house with MVJ. They were SO excited! Then at the Church my Grandma had to take MVJ around to every table. Lots of oohing and aahing ensued. She was the only baby there and got quite a bit of attention. My Grandma's prayer group had been praying for MVJ and I when my Grandma found out I delivered early and was having some health issues myself. It was neat to be able to thank them and show off my little bundle. And then MVJ just had to tell people all about how her lungs are working perfectly now. She's so thoughtful. Then she just absolutely tuckered out in Great Grandma's arms (which was perfect because Great Grandma was as proud as a peacock).

I was telling someone how I was so glad she had settled down. The lady said, "Oh, the Mom is always way more nervous and embarrassed by the crying than anyone else. Everyone else doesn't even notice the crying. They just see this beautiful baby." I think that is so true. Crying babies never bothered me before, but now I feel like I need to calm her the second she starts to make a squeak of a cry.

Back at home, it was time for Ace, the family dog to meet MVJ. He just got way too excited. He jumped a little and was barking and basically just working himself up. We aren't sure the best way to help him get over it and be the calm doggie he can be. But, to be absolutely on the safe side, he was taken to the "hotel" today. I'm so glad that I don't have to worry about MVJ.

This morning it was the return of the poopetraitor. I'm so thankful for my parents' washer and dryer -- what a luxury! ; ) Now MVJ is sleeping in our little sling while my parents are exercising. Shopping is on schedule next and then Red Lobster for my brother's birthday! (I made cupcakes and wrote 23 on one... until I realized he's 24! I can't believe my baby brother is 24!!)

3 comments:

Lyz said...

Hehe! A couple more kids and you won't even remember how old YOU are! (I keep forgetting a year...)

Rhubarb and Venison said...

I love the scene you describe with the g-parents waiting by the window. That's adorable. Have fun in B-town! (and I promise to reduce my usage of initialed words like B-town and g-parents...someday)

AJ said...

Poopetraitor? Is that like perpetrator or does she give away poop government secrets? Hilarious that you forgot your brothers age, but sad because you were trying to be such a nice sister.