Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mommies' Day

My first Mother's Day! Wow! It is neat to have joined the ranks of motherhood. I feel unworthy and so blessed. MVJ woke up for good around 8 am and I gave her a speech about being nice to Mommy. She just smiled and smiled. It was the perfect present from her! JJ gave me the necklace I've wanted since I saw it. While JJ is an awesome hubby, don't get the wrong impression ladies... I did send him the link to the exact necklace I wanted! Then at Church I just cried when Pastor P described the transformation his wife had becoming a mother. It just brought back happy memories. Then, they honored the oldest Mom (a sassy little thing!) and the newest Mom (who would've been me, but I suddenly got the shysies) and a special Mom who is a foster Mom and single parent.

Then we got ready to head to the park for our first big grill out of the summer! YAY! We surprised AO (what cool initials!) with a bday party bash -- hubby BO (oh dear... not the coolest initials) and I schemed for a while. AO was mad --- [we're going to the park? To meet JJ and EJ? No. EJ didn't call me. She would've called me. Well, she called me at work. No she didn't.] : ) Oh yes, yes I did. YAY for surprises! We got to meet BO's sister AO (who had just graduated from UND Law School!) and hang out with lots of good friends! Even the C's randomly stopped by!! IC is getting so big! What a little cutie! She had to check out all the babies and then they were off to scope out the dog park to see if it's ready for their li'l guy. Yeah... their little GREAT DANE. Yipes! : )

I didn't even need to hit up the free stuff at TCBY or Dairy Queen!! Can you believe it? It was that great of a day.

No comments: