Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stats

I'm pretty sure I'm the last to know about this - but just in case I've found this pretty interesting and wanted to share!

Randomly a "Stats" tab showed up on my blog when I'm signed in.  (You know, up by posting, comments, settings, design, monetize, hey!  There it is!  "Stats").  It's kinda cool because you can see how many people view your blog, where they come from (as in what link they took to jump to your site - facebook, another blog, a google search, etc.), and physically where they come from (the US, Great Britain, South Africa, Taiwan, etc.).  I've enjoyed seeing which posts get the most "hits" as well.  I don't know how long this stats thing as been on here and keeping track, but so far my most "hits" went to my post about JJ, I think it was called "On to the Hubby".  Since apparently people from all over the world have viewed my blog it makes me even more wary of sharing any kind of personal information.

But, anyways, thanks for stopping by.  Leave a comment - it makes my day!  : )

4 comments:

Tara said...

Crazy, I found the same thing yesterday...apparently someone from Alaska looked at my blog?! Agreed about the personal info bit...I will have to be extra careful in my posts now

JJ and EJ said...

Alaska?! Who knew? : ) Glad I'm not the only one who just found that tab... or maybe it really is brand new ??

B6 Blogger said...

I have used that tab too! It also makes me a little nervous about sharing too much though, esp with the new babe coming. I have had 'hits' from Taiwan, Turkey, South Africa, and Canada. Random.

Lyz said...

I have had Google Analytics for several years, which gives me similar stats (although on a separate site).

Ladies, don't get too freaked out by all those locations. Most of those people probably spent 4.5 seconds on your blog before they realized it wasn't what they were looking for.

By all means, continue protecting your privacy. Just don't be ruled by unnecessary fear.;)