Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Details

Here're the answers to all your questions - AND MORE!  : )

*We're 12 weeks pregnant, with an unofficial due date of March 19th.  Yes, I will continue to say, "we" even when my FIL chides me.  JJ and I are in this together and if he forgets that he's pregnant too I remind him.  : )
*Our first appointment is Oct. 3rd - when I'm 16 weeks - stupid new job and insurance not kicking in until Oct. 1st... (unless I start not feeling well - I'm not worried at all about self-paying if we need to - just want to get my moneys worth out of dumb health insurance while we can)
*YES we will be finding out the sex and sharing it - NO we will not be sharing names until D-Day (Delivery Day).
*I've been feeling ok, definite bloating and facial yuckies - all that darn glowing going on!  Significantly less morning sickness which leads me to believe we're having a boy... ? : )  We will see relatively soon!  A girl would be fabulous though - I was just looking through MVJ's baby album and reminiscing about all of her cute clothes...
*With MVJ I craved savory/salty things like mac and cheese and pretzels from pretzelmaker.  With this one I'm ALL about the sweets... (or am better at blaming my own sweet tooth on the baby ??)
*Yes this was planned.  Why not add this on top of all the other craziness this year?!  Reasoning: a) this will hopefully not fall on any finals for JJ, b) school schedule - towards the end of the year is always better for me with summers off, and the biggest reason c) this is JJ's last summer off before rotations.  So it was now..... or 10 years from now..... : )
*So I have been hearing from friends who say they just got their bumps back right away with their 2nd, 3rd, 4th pregnancies, and I was feeling... a little smug? cocky? svelt?  : )  I just didn't think I was showing too much.  I shared my attitude with JJ, who, bless his heart said this to preggo me: "Honey, you DO look pregnant."  -k- never mind!  : )  This weekend I feel like I have pooched out a bit more but not enough to dig out the maternity clothes, which are at the ready anyways... we knew when we moved in so why keep them boxed up?
*MVJ loves babies and has been a huge helper around the house lately so I'm hoping this transition goes smoothly for her.  More on her tomorrow!!  She's been growing and changing AGAIN.  Who told her she could become a big girl before our eyes?!  : )  

5 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations Erica! That is wonderful news :) Madeline will be a wonderful big sister.

Jessica said...

OMG! That's one way to get people's attention. Congrats! I craved sweets with both of the boys too, so you may be on to something there. Mads will be 2 by then so it will be a great age for her and hopefully an easy adjustment. I'm sure she will love being a big sis. If David did it (at 18 months), I'm sure she will be just fine! Now on to potty training :)

The Elwells' Weekly said...

Thanks for all the details to all of the questions I wanted to ask (but wouldn't since I've been pregnant before and I know how annoying all those nosy people who "mean well" can be!)

Seriously so excited to watch this pregnancy progress and live vicariously until we are ready for our baby #2! You better post some baby bump pictures too! :)

JJ and EJ said...

Thanks guys! Now, now with all the name dropping! You know we are all about the initials here at jjandej!

Uh oh... so maybe I should be thinkin' blue, huh? I think she will love it - I am more worried about me with two kids and a busy hubby! : )

Thanks guys! I *may* post some tum-tum pics coming up. We'll see how generous I'm feeling! ; )

Lanae Brown said...

OH I'm so happy for you! I hope you continue to feel well! I can't wait to see your baby bump! I'm sure it's hardly there, despite what JJ may say! When I was about 6 months preggo with Rylan, I was complaining about feeling so huge and Nick said to me, "but it's not like you're going to get much bigger than this right?" No honey, the last three months, the baby doesn't grow at all! Haha! Gotta love the hubbies! Best wishes and I can't wait for you to find out the sex!