Thursday, September 9, 2010

My NINETEEN month girl!

Wow... time is a'flyin' by!  So I just have to post about my fabulous little girl.  She IS a busy girl.  She tries my patience sometimes, but seriously she is becoming such a cool little lady.  I love that she calls ME mommy and I get to call her my beautiful baby. 

MVJ has become quite a little helper.  She LOVES to help me with laundry-  from carrying some of her clothes to the washing machine, to handing me articles of clothing to put in the washer, to transferring them to the dryer, to "helping" me with the folding, to bringing Daddy his clothes or moving lots of clean laundry just around - she is involved in it ALL!

She also loves unloading the dishwasher.  This pretty much freaks me out, but I get almost everything out beforehand and then call her in to hand me the spoons and her cups.  It's a nice trade off and she just feels like such a big girl when she helps Mommy.  Oh that reminds me of a book I used to "read" at my City Grandma's house - "We Help Mommy"... classic.  I think I could still recite lines from it from forever ago. 

She is quite the reader and makes this Momma SO proud when she consistently asks for the Bible as her nuh-nuh book.  (She has her own baby Bible... no we don't read the whole Bible every night!)  She also loves to draw.  (She asks to "color" almost every night.)  We are still working on crayons because she still wants to eat them.  I thought I was very clever by getting her a Color Wonder pack - the markers that only draw on the certain pages, but MVJ ate the tips off of a few of them before I had to put an end to that for a time.  No wonder it says age 3 and up!!  : )  Oops...

MVJ also has lots of words within her grasp.  She is all about body parts lately - eyes, nose, teeth, ears, chin, cheeks, toes, tummy, etc.  She knows several animals as well - pig is her all time favorite, but she also likes puppy, kitty, cow (although for that she says "moo").  She is very polite and her teachers and we all hear "please", "thank you", "nice", "yes" and of course "no" often.  

She still sleeps through the night - YES.  But only takes one nap a day - usually a couple of hours starting at 11:30.  Sometimes the evenings get rough but I don't want her to go to bed before 7:30.  Even at that time I don't get to spend a ton of time with her. 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

It's fun to hear that Madeline does the same things that David does...laundry, dishes, etc. And I thought David was just special :)

B6 Blogger said...

I had to giggle a little at the dishwasher part... kinda drives me crazy when Norah does that too! She enjoys helping though so I let her do certain items as well.
Before you know it though there will be FOUR little hands grabbing dishes wanting to help! = )