Sunday, September 5, 2010

Church was GREAT!

We have really been enjoying our new Church.  First of all it's rather small so I don't feel overwhelmed with the mega churches up all around this city.  We have felt very welcomed by everyone.  I don't know how many dinner invitations we've received - two that are currently scheduled.  They have a great Nursery and cry room (we frequented that when Mads had a runny nose and we didn't really want to send that to the Nursery...).  And above all, of course, we feel at home with the denomination and focus on the Bible. 

BUT, at Church today it was above-all fantastic for three reasons.

1.  At the beginning of Church, an older gentleman come up to me and praised MVJ up and down for her dancing the previous week.  Seriously, that girl busts a move during the worship portion.  Last week was classic because she kept edging further and further up the aisle until basically everyone was paying attention to her little dance.  So cute.  You know, as a parent you just never know if your kid is bugging/distracting others so it's nice to know that other people appreciated her moves as much as I did.

2.  CRAFT NIGHT THIS FRIDAY!  Woohoo!!  We had them at our old Church - put on by a work friend.  I'm SO, so happy to see that this Church does them as well.  Scrapbooking, card making, sewing, whatever craft you want to do from 6pm - midnight or later.  Yippee!

3.  I have a friend!  A gal, J, that I've been slowly getting to know more and more each week gave me her contact information and wants to set up a playdate (she has a kiddo a few months younger than M who I could've sworn was her age until J shared how old he was).  Yay!

No comments: