Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We miss Grandma!

My parents (EK and WGK) and brother (WJK) were able to come up for MVJ's first hours of life and were with us until Wednesday. It was so great that they could share in that special time! I needed support, too. There's just something about having family around! When my Mom got home, she went right to work, then worked a full day Thursday, went in early Friday, and left early to come back to be with us! She was able to spend a full week with us and it was such a blessing. I can't explain what having her with us meant to us. Without being asked, she just jumped right in to help us with cooking (mmm... crescent roll caserole anyone??!), cleaning, caring for MVJ, etc. She allowed for some much needed rest time as JJ threw himself right back into school and work (and later at the end of the week paid for it with a nasty bug). My Mom helped us give MVJ her first bath at home, babysat while we ran our first errands (lansinoh cream, witch hazel pads, baby powder, oh my!) and went to Church together.

She also helped with some projects I had been meaning to do! For example, I made this rather large wall hanging (first quilting project evah!) and the corners were turning up -- she quickly remedied it with a few new loops to go around the dowel rod. Also, I enlisted JJ and my Mom to put up the wall stickies I had bought to spruce up the baby room since we couldn't exactly put a fresh coat of paint on (oh the joys of living in an on-campus apartment... but that's another whole post!). She blessed us with a ton of groceries, and baby supplies, oh and a superduper gift for MVJ --- a car starter for our van! Yay! I love my family and could never thank them enough for all the great support and love they've given us -- especially with this new little addition to the family tree!

No comments: