Sunday, March 8, 2009

Slowly back to "real life"

Every single day it seems we have new "firsts". First time meeting friends and family members. First time sleeping five hours straight! First time pooping while being changed because of sneeze. First time going out to eat. The memories are endless! This weekend we had two separate eating out experiences. Friday we hit up Applebees with BILs BJ and CPJ, friends the C's (NC, LC and IC) and friends the E's (JE and RE). Little MVJ did a great job just hangin' out in her carseat. Mommy got to eat her whole meal, and then at the end CRIES, CRIES, CRIES. Oh man. I always kind of panic because I'm so scared to have to breastfeed in public (I do have hooter hiders, and DO look for the nearest bathroom, but still) .

So, we hit up the bathroom. While changing miss MVJ, she AGAIN peed on her outfit (GOSH, you'd think I'd learn the tricks for preventing this!!). I quickly tried to clean up our changing pad and picked her up (bare bottom). She POOPED on me! That little stinker (well... good thing her poo doesn't stink... yet!). So then to the rescue came LC with IC in tow. They helped by holding MVJ (I know, I really had to twist LC's arm ; ) ) so I could clean up the rest of the mess. Then I attempted to breastfeed MVJ. It is just not as easy standing up folks. Let me tell you. Plus by this time I really needed to use the restroom. It is really awkward being in a restroom stall but not being able to use it!!

Sunday we tried again! I know... we are glutons for punishment right? We went to Perkins with BJ, CPJ and the C's after hanging out at the C's house (MVJ even got to meet their ginormous, but sweet doggie VC). MVJ did an awesome job! She slept or just squeaked the whole time. Phew! We can do this!

1 comment:

Lyz said...

The more you go out with MVJ, the easier it will get! Even nursing public. I promise, it's not that bad.

Oh, and enjoy going out to dinner with baby now...it gets soo much harder when they start eating solids - we pretty much stayed home from the time each of the kids was 9 months old to when they were about 18 months.