Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Or not...

At our school, it has been expressly stated that there are to be NO costumes, NO dyed hair, NO face paint, etc. The 8th graders are even doing some state testing in the morning! I know that kids will be riled up (thank goodness it falls on a Friday at least... coming back the day after is always horrid), so it's one of those days that I'm glad I'm not a classroom teacher. I am giving out fruit snacks. Yes, I'm one of those people. Last year I handed out stickers. One little kid was like, "Daddy what ARE these?" : )

1 comment:

Lyz said...

I think banning it entirely is like trying to hold back a prison full of inmates from a pizza truck. You may as well just go with the flow. As long as they keep it decent, of course...and therein lies the reason for the banning.

But state testing on Halloween! That's just shooting yourself in the foot.