Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sweet, sweet slumber

I woke up at 9:00 this morning! Nine! Woah! Actually, I did wake up at about 6:30, wide awake, and forced myself to sleep just a little bit more. Then, when it seemed futile, I got up, went to the bathroom (because seriously, that's what I do all the time now) and brought a banana back to bed. I ate it and fell blissfully back to sleep. Then, check the clock, 9:00! I woke JJ up, because that's also what I do in the mornings, poor guy, and told him I had to go feed the baby. Yes, the baby is still in my belly, but I like referring to him/her like he/she is already with us, you know, in out-of-the-womb form.

Speaking of the baby, many, many people told me yesterday that they could finally tell I was pregnant. So, I have officially pooched out. TWO people went on to touch my belly. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it. I mean, I touch my belly all the time. And JJ touches my belly all the time -- he likes to squish it around and tell the baby he/she is getting a carnival ride. But it was kinda wierd when other people touched my belly--especially now when it's still mostly my own fat and especially because they weren't close friends or relatives. And also one of the ladies kind of caressed my belly. Hmmmm... kinda wierd. I thought it was kind of special in a way, though, too. This is one of those things that just would never normally happen, except when someone is pregnant, so I'm trying to take it as one of those pregnancy milestones, and leave it at that.

Oh, also, I went on a maternity clothes buying rampage -- don't worry -- it is all second hand. A lady on t-bay was selling all of her maternity clothes, and they were all my size! I went to her classroom at a local high school and tried on a ton of stuff. The only thing is, the prices were not very hot. I have found some whole outfits for like $5 at rummage sales, and for example, a pair of black dress pants I bought from this lady were $10. It definitely made me scale back on my buying. But, the clothes really did look almost brand-new, and I do need some staple items, especially since I'm growing out of quite a few of my normal clothes.

No comments: