Monday, October 6, 2008

Mmmm... Church Fall Supper

This Sunday we met my parents at the smalllll country Church my Mom's family attended for forever (actually my Mom's g'pa was a part of the building process). My Aunt A and Uncle L are huge parts of the Church. Every year they have a Fall Supper complete with tons of delicious food served up family style, good "catching up" time, and a fundraiser (my Mom has made a beautiful quilt to raffle off for quite a few years now).

I am so, so bad with directions that I have gotten lost several times on my way to "Grandma's house". I was a bit paranoid about getting lost again, so for one, I gave us plenty of time to get there, and two, I mapquested directions. Of course the Church is so small it was not on mapquest, but I did know the way once I could get to this other small town. I was quite proud of myself as I drove right up to the Church without any wrong turns!

We got there so early they were still setting up, but insisted everything was taken care of. We chatted with Aunt A and Uncle L until they had to get back to work. My parents showed up and we got to chat with some familiar faces -- mostly relatives of my Mom. Then, our name got called and we got to go downstairs for the fabulous meal. Mmm, mmm, mmm. There is nothing like a homecooked Church supper.

After supper we went to the farm -- the place my Mom grew up. It is such a beautiful area, chalk full of memories. It has been quite some time since I've been back and it was just wonderful to be there. Aunt A has done some absolutely wonderful things to the farm house and I am so glad they are making it their own.

No comments: