Monday, October 13, 2008

Nesting

AKA "Organizing" -- my new fav. word.... AKA Finally getting rid of stuff.... AKA JJ: "Hey! What are you doing with my stuff?"


My new dreams are of how I can rearrange the whole apartment. Poor JJ because I'll get an idea, and explain it to him and he's like, "You lost me at put that couch there and that couch there and take out the cabinet and put it in the spare bedroom (baby's room)....." Before I was preggers I would've just maneuvered an item until I got it where I wanted it. Now I'm at least a bit more careful about how many pounds I lug around. These last few days I've attacked our clothes. My new rule (which I think is quite generous): If it hasn't been worn in three years, it goes to Goodwill. I've already taken three boxes of "stuff".

Right now I have the whole top shelf in the closet in our bedroom open. I'm just absolutely giddy with anticipation of what will go up there. I also cleaned out a whole big drawer that is now filled with maternity clothes. Who knew I had accumulated so much? I also bought four more pairs of pants (on t-bay) for $10 total! The bathroom cabinet has undertaken an overhaul as well. I finally threw away any makeup or cream or whatever that I haven't used --- ESPECIALLY the stuff that was only used for say, Halloween. I even organized the box I store my period supplies in (won't be needing those for a while!).

The next area under attack was the refrigerator. My grandma (bless her heart) volunteers at a thrift store in my hometown. Grocery stores give them all sorts of foods that are close to their expiration date. So, if things aren't bought right away, Grandma brings them home. And then goes on to complain that they'll never be able to eat all the (fill in the blank) -- yogurt, crescent rolls, butter, cookie dough, baked goods, you name it! I shouldn't tease her, because, really we have received some great food from Grandma. The only thing is, we have to eat it right away or it gets too old. Well, some things must've been shoved to the back of the fridge because I found a few things dating to 2007. Yikes! Oh, and a taco sauce from 2005 (but JJ's pretty sure that one came from his mother's fridge).

So, as I sit at the computer, I just have visions for where this baby (the computer this time) could be better placed. Oh! And JJ's selling his XBOX 360 -- any interested parties can just reply to this post and I will maybe even give you a viewer's discount! : ) It is priced to SELL people!

No comments: