Wednesday, June 1, 2011

#11: Freezer Cooking!

With my OFFICIAL start to summer occurring tomorrow - you heard right folks - my last day of this school year is TOMORROW, I am already rocking out on my list!  Before my maternity leave was over, I cooked up a storm and made three separate freezer meals - two of which came from my freezer cookbook.  This is the bowtie pasta recipe:

  
One thing I've learned from freezer cooking is that I am not always hungry for what I've made ahead of time.  Grrr.  Also, this recipe in particular just really lacked flavor post thaw... good thing I'm married to a creative cook!

There ARE some recipes that have been amazing to freeze, and I'm going to post two of my favorites (from RF, a friend at Church, who brought us these meals after the C-ster was born!).  Prepare to fall in love with these two recipes!!

Aunt Evelyn's Potato Casserole
9-12 medium potatoes, peeled and boiled (drained)
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. sour cream
1 stick margarine salt to taste

Mix all ingredients together. (I use an electric mixer.) Place in greased 9 x 13
glass casserole dish. Bake 30-45 minutes @ 350 degrees. May top with grated cheese
last few minutes of bake time.


Poppyseed Chicken
2 lbs of chicken breast, cooked & chopped
8 oz. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tube of Ritz crackers
1 1/2 T. poppy seeds
1 stick melted butter

Place chicken in a shallow casserole. Mix sour cream and soup; pour over chicken.
Mix crumbs, butter and poppy seeds and sprinkle over top. Bake 30 minutes at 350
degrees or until bubbly.

No comments: