Sunday, June 19, 2011

35: Facebook Free Week!

I have to do this every once in a while to keep myself in check.  Facebook begins to dominate my life and it's more than a little sad.  I actually got quite a bit done this week and I'm sure being off of facebook had a big part in that.  That's when I know that I need to cut back! 

Here're a few things I learned:
*Facebook is my go-to activity while nursing (sorry if that is TMI!) - this week I took to reading more.
*Facebook is the first thing I do (on my own) in the morning usually - this week I watched the news (which is not all that much of a positive).
*I love to share joys, ask for prayer, post pictures and just connect with people in general on facebook - this week I texted quite a bit more!
*I use facebook to look stuff up a lot now - this week I googled more often.  (I actually heard a stat that facebook is used more often than google now - pretty crazy!)

Some of my "statuses" for the week would've been:
*C slept all night!!! (9 pm - 6 am!)
*C really, REALLY is three months old now!
*M went to the bathroom totally on her own in the potty chair and told us afterwards! (woot!)
*Interview today - pray for me!
*I GOT A NEW JOB!  (I couldn't stay away from middle school...)
*I had so much fun getting to know some of JJ's med school buddies!
*Thank you so much to the F family for hanging out with us, for the delicious chocolate chip cheesecake and for the post-dinner swim!
*Church Carnival cancelled because of terrible storm last night!  : (
*M is currently taking a marathon nap --- going on 3 1/2 hours!

No comments: