Saturday, June 18, 2011

#17 AND #30!

That's right, friends, I'm just checking things off left and right!

The other day we took a little morning trip to downtown KC and checked out the Hallmark Visitor Center (including Kaleidoscope) and Chip's Chocolate Factory.  I love exploring new things in right in our "backyard" -- especially things that are on the cheap!

I enjoyed the Hallmark Center, even if we were somewhat dashing through.  Here M and Daddy are checking out a display of old cards in a timeline display case:


A really cool thing in this museum was a passport and at every section was a different stamp for the passport.  Way cool way to involve the kiddos!


Next we hit up Kaleidoscope.  FUN FUN FUN!  It was all art all the time and totally kid friendly.  We were completely impressed with M's careful painting.  She did such a great job that we ended up buying her a cheap paint set of her own!  Craft on my friend!

Also, I'm a little ashamed to admit that I took some of the paper home with me --- they had the coolest paper for kids to make their own cards with... I only took four sheets... : )


Ahhh... Chip's Chocolate Factory.  Need I say more?  This guy has done this a time or two before!


No comments: