Friday, December 3, 2010

Getting back into it...

I'm pretty sure all my titles have ellipses in them... hmmmm... 

This morning MVJ woke up about 5:30 (I didn't even hear her, but did notice when JJ got out of bed to see what she was up to).  I couldn't fall back asleep (and didn't really want to get back to sleep too much anyways) so I got up and................. exercised!  What is my new motivation you ask?  Well of course I want to have a healthy pregnancy but beyond that our health insurance (BCBS) has a very cool incentive program.  You can attend health things through the district BUT you can also log minutes in say, wiifit, or housecleaning, or taking walks, or even heavy labor!  (Oh... not that heavy labor?)  THEN you can redeem your minutes for GIFT CARDS!  To pretty much anywhere!!  I am up to $40 (we have to redeem by the end of December and then we can load up again until next December, and you can redeem at any time).

Last night I decided to get the wiifit out with MVJ and it was HIlarious!  She just watched me for a while (which was a huge blessing) but then of course she wanted a try ("M's turn!").  I set her up on... I can't remember what the actual game is called, but it's the one where you do kung-fu stuff.  I held the wiimote and nunchuck, and she was on the board.  We tried SO HARD to get her little kicks to register, but they never did and alas, we had to move on.  Next she tried some step aerobics.  I chanted what she was supposed to do "Step up!  Step back!  She really kind of got the hang of it!  It was so cute!  And you know how the little miis bounce?  She was totally bouncing right along!  We set up her own profile (because of course it kept saying "Your weight has changed!  Do you want to continue?") and now we have a cute little crawling baby in our wii fit plaza - she can't register and do any of the activities - but she hangs out with us anyways...

I had not logged in to wiifit since May... and in that time I lost 8 lbs!  Sounds kind of odd considering I am 26 weeks pregnant (tomorrow)... BUT when you add in the physical and emotional stuff with packing and moving not to mention chasing after a toddler, it makes a LOT more sense...  Plus, I have two rooms at my school -- on opposite ends of the building.  I love wiifit, and not just because I can boast that I did some extreme step aerobics with my father-in-law, mom, dad, husband and friend JPJ at 6 am... : )

No comments: