Sunday, October 24, 2010

Gunshots rang out like a bell!

JJ is wondering why I am quoting Vanilla Ice.  Well, let me tell you a little story.

Friday night we had put M to bed but were still on a high of sorts after seeing JJ's awesome musculoskeletal finals weeks scores.  We were chatting when all of a sudden we heard a noise.  I thought it sounded like tires popping or perhaps fireworks.  JJ said he thought it sounded more like shots fired.  I quietly began singing Vanilla Ice and we laughed it off until the next morning.  JJ was looking at the news when we realized they were actual gunshots - a high speed chase did not end well for someone after a deputy had to shoot at him.  Yikes!

2 comments:

AJ said...

I thought you guys lived in the good part of town? Humor is the only coping mechanism I know so good job. =)

JJ and EJ said...

AJ - thanks for the comments : ). Yeah... those dang "other siders" must've snuck in via crazy car chase... we are somewhat close to the interstate...