Friday, October 8, 2010

Out with the Old!

I get so sad every time M changes clothing sizes.  Boo.  I think I've posted about this before.  It is something that just keeps coming up as our baby grows and grows and grows into a big girl!  : )  M has all these super cute size 18- and 24-month clothes so I shouldn't be so sad about it.  One funny thing I've noticed is that the lovely miss M has quite the tum-tum.  Because I'm not a good Mommy that tries her clothes on her frequently, she has completely outgrown some of her 18-month pants before she's even worn them.  Boo.  Also, she doesn't like jeans or khakis yet.  Of course the sped-y that I am jumps to sensory issues...  No, I think she's just not used to a button at her waist but also I may have been trying on pants that truly didn't fit her and did hurt her tummy.  Also, hey, what would I rather wear??  Comfy stretchy pants (if I looked as cute as M in them!) or jeans?  Yeah... sweats EVERY time.

We have been totally fortunate in the clothing department.  I'm still finding clothes given to us by our old upstairs neighbors (HEY!  They have their own blog now!).  M has a girl cousin a few years older than her (with two brothers and no girl cousins on her Mom's side of the family).  Have I mentioned that this girl cousin is also blessed with a Grandma who sews beautiful clothes?  I hardly feel comfortable putting her in these fine clothes, but we've done a few for pics anyways!  ; )  Then there's a gal at work who brings me a bag a week (I swear!) of fun new things for M (including TWO, count 'em TWO fancy Christmas dresses, tights and black patent shoes!).  Lastly, our dear, dear neighbors.  I love them.  They have five girls -- all names starting with H!  Their youngest, twins, just started preschool.  And the other day they came with two bags full of clothes.  M tried on about four shirts (at the same time) on the spot.  One funny thing is since their youngest are twins, there are several doubles or matching outfits.  I may have to pass these on... or have backups for school ??  We'll see if I turn generous or greedy...

But, along with M's changing wardrobe, alas, mine sadly is changing as well.  I am marking today as my last work day of "normal" clothes.  Monday I'm breakin' out the maternity!  I have TOTALLY pooched - check out week 17 photos to be taken tomorrow if you want proof.  I LOVE my maternity wardrobe, it's just that when I go there, I know I won't be back to the land of "Misses" until after Mr. or Miss thing makes his or her appearance.

1 comment:

The Elwells' Weekly said...

I hear ya on the size change thing! Little L has actually been wearing mostly 24 months the last few weeks since it had been so cold and I don't have a lot of 18 month stuff for that kind of weather. But now that we are back in the 80s for a few days I have been breaking out some of her smaller stuff that hasn't been moved out of the closet. Funny thing is that one of the skirts she used to wear all summer long looked so small on her yesterday!

My I am a long comment leaver! Oh, well! :)