Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fashion ? What fashion?

I am seriously lacking in the fashion department.  I am all about comfort.  Seriously - if you see me in makeup you know it's picture day.  But beyond that I just don't know what looks good together so I just go with what feels good.  But, I see all these cute chickies wearing leggings around my school and I decided enough is enough.  I'm getting myself a pair of leggings.  Now may NOT be the best time to start jumping on the fashion bandwagon -- with my ever-growing belly and all.  But what the heck?  Old Navy was having a big sale --- 40-50% off clearance -- holla!  So, I snagged a pair along with a few other "essentials".... like a baby boy outfit or TWO (I'm feeling boy, ok?  And if we have another girl, I know like 30 preggers again so one of them is BOUND to have a boy). 

So I tested out my leggings today with an oversized-ish sweater.  My first critique - JJ --

Me: What do you think of my outfit?
J: It looks nice.
Me: But, really, does it make my legs look fat?  Am I too short for this outfit (usually the case)?  Am I just looking pathetic and pregnant?
J: No, really, it makes you look skinny.

And with those magic words, off to school I skipped (hey - I'm not even waddling yet!).  Then, at school, several people gave me comments.  One lady, who was walking behind me, caught up to me and said, "You don't even LOOK pregnant!"

So.... is everyone lying to appease the "trying too hard" preggo?  OR are these in fact magic pants?  AND if it's the latter, how often is TOO often to wear these??!  : )

5 comments:

The Elwells' Weekly said...

You are too cute!

I had the same thing happen to me with the leggings/skinny jeans thing. I thought I would look like I was some mom trying to hard to look like a teenager. I figured I'd go for it when I found a pair of skinny jeans for supper cheap and got tons of compliments!

I think we are WAY to critical of ourselves most of the time! :)

Oh, and I think you could wear those bad boys at LEAST 3 times a week if it makes you happy! :)

Anonymous said...

Erica - I just started wearing leggings/jeggings a few months ago and they are such a blessing for pregnancy! Soooo much better than maternity pants. I also got a few pairs from old navy (only 10 bucks) and continue to replace them. You look great as always and I hope you're feeling just as good :)

Love you -
Meghan H.

B6 Blogger said...

I have a pair of the maternity leggings from ON and LOVE them. I would say I wear them at least once if not twice a week. Super comfy & I may even wear them after the little man is born too!
Hope M is feeling better.

AJ said...

Isn't it too warm there for leggings? =)

JJ and EJ said...

AJ -- my room at school is FREEZING! I have to wear multiple layers. So leggings outside- yes, too warm. Inside- necessary.