Monday, October 25, 2010

Baby must be on a growing spree...

I have felt pretty terrible all weekend.  I have been having really bad headaches - right at my temple and my head just throbs with every pulse.  JJ put M to bed and I was laying on the couch for a good half hour when I realized that my pulse was pretty high -- above 80 bpm and like I said, I was just laying there.  I'm so wary about medicine during pregnancy - even armed with a list of meds I can take from my doctor - but I started taking extra strength tylenol and got some relief.  Not complete, but lots better. 

Sunday morning we got up and I made some FABULOUS banana bread french toast.  I asked for this recipe after seeing it on a friend's status update on facebook.  We love banana bread!  We love French Toast!   So what do you do?  I later told JJ about it - - and how easy it was to make it!  You just make banana bread and then, get this, you USE it instead of bread with the french toast batter.  He was totally rolling his eyes at me.  I guess it was pretty obvious, huh...

JJ was kind of looking at me like I was crazy.  I think that *sometimes* when I'm sick - I think this is especially true when I'm pregnant and not feeling well - I try to barrel through it.  Carry on.  Live life and trick myself into feeling better ?  JJ said, "When I'm sick I want to do nothing.  When you're sick you want to do everything."  And off we headed to Church.  MVJ had on the CUTEST outfit, I must add.  A pink polka dot fleecy sleeveless dress with a long-sleeve pink onesie, pink tights, and get this, PINK BOOTS.  Oh my, oh my.  While I was in the shower, JJ added piggy tails and a pink bow.  Seriously.  So cute.  I made it through a song when I started feeling woozy.  I sat down and tried to let the feeling I was going to faint pass me by.  Back up again.  Back down again.  Three times.  I finally told JJ that I was not feeling well so we snuck out of Church fearful that I would completely pass out.

I took what would become the first of two big naps Sunday but nothing seemed to make me feel better.  I was also drinking boatloads of water by this point.  Getting up to go to the bathroom made my head throb.  Blowing my nose was killer.  I did have very similar experiences -- of going to Church and having to leave -- when I was pregnant with MVJ but I don't remember the headaches being so bad.  JJ said they were - I'm sure he'd remember!  We're hoping it's just a stage.  I was trying to describe the head feeling -- it's like when you take a really big drink of water and after your gulp you start breathing again.  Sometimes you get that rush to your head because you haven't taken regular breaths ?  That's how I've been feeling all weekend.  I'll be calling my doctor today, but like I said, I (we) think my body's just adjusting to having to share O2 with a sweet little thing in my tum-tum.

I also did something I don't *think* I did with my last pregnancy - JJ can correct me - but I sent him on a cravings run.  I wanted NEEDED a banana split milkshake from Robeks AND either cupcakes with frosting or cookies with frosting.  He looked at me like I was crazy, but the crazy in my voice must have won out because he packed up MVJ and they headed out and came back with my goodies.

3 comments:

B6 Blogger said...

Thinking about you today! I hope you are feeling better!

AJ said...

Yikes! Hope you are just at the beginning of an illness or something. Hope you feel better and talk to you OB if you keep feeling bad. =)

JJ and EJ said...

Thanks guys!! I have been feeling awesome... such a weird spree... Sundays were always my worst day last pregnancy too for some reason. My doctor wasn't too worried since I'm feeling so much better -- AND since I have an appointment a week from now.