Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tidbits of Advice: Diaper Decisions

So I was going to write some advice about diapering, but I don't think ANYONE would take my advice... I have been pooped on several times after all... but I can tell you what we've noticed about the diapers themselves. First of all, I don't have a huge rhyme or reason for which diapers I buy. I guess I just go where the sales/coupons are! We've bought cases at Sam's club to an emergency pack from the grocery store (don't recommend this -- usually much more expensive).

The two brands we've used the most are Pampers and Huggies. They are the ones with the most coupons/free samples I guess. When we started, we had to buy the preemie ones, then to the newborn, then to size 1, then 1-2 and now we're at size 2's. The preemie/newborn ones were great -- they have the little notch cut out for the umbilical cord. We liked pampers the best for these. We had one pack of pampers that seemed to have a netting-type thing in the diaper, and when we'd change her, the netting would be stuck to her little bottom. We were not impressed with this, but I haven't noticed this in any subsequent pamper diapers that we've bought. Pampers seem to be softer than the huggies. The huggies seem to be a bit thicker/stiffer. We've really enjoyed the huggies pure and natural (and the $3 off coupons I've been finding everywhere for them). They seem softer. Don't buy diapers based on the character design... no matter how cute it just won't be seen by probably anyone but you!

The wipes we've come to love are the pampers ones. They just seem softer and smell the best! : ) Again, I buy wipes based on what's on sale/what I have a coupon for.

Has anyone tried other brands with success... or major problems?

2 comments:

Lyz said...

I just bought a CASE of the Target brand wipe refills. These are the only ones I've ever used. I always get unscented, so the flavor doesn't matter to me!

Since Walmart stopped selling the White Cloud diapers, I go between Luvs and Pampers, depending.

. said...

so, the "flavor" of baby wipes doesn't matter to liz...

are you wiping or seasoning with those things?


heh heh heh.