Monday, June 15, 2009

First Hibachi Experience

I'm not quite a food adventurist... I generally order the same thing at familiar restaurants and don't venture out too far from my "norm". I'm sure all of you are sighing a sad sigh. I know. I know. So when we were in Fargo a few weeks ago and my SIL LJ decided we were going to try the new Japanese restaurant I was a tid bit leary. BUT, I'm so glad we went! It's called Kobe and if at least two people are ordering from the hibachi menu, you get to sit at the hibachi. It was so much fun. First of all, we got served some mushroom soup. (which I didn't touch at all... ick!) But, I'm glad my cutie pie nephew BJ doesn't share my taste, because we may have missed this situation: B finished his soup and darted around the table to mommy (LJ) to exclaimed, "The toup is touper touper good!!" : )

Then came the "show"! Of course I did miss some of it due to a certain baby who seems to only get hungry when it's time for mommy and daddy to eat! But, parts I didn't miss were niecey LJ getting scared out of her mind at the fire parts of the show. As SIL LJ put it later, she was not just scared she was pissed at them for having the nerve to have fire there. She started on a chair next to LJ. Then, inched off the chair to behind mommy LJ. Then, the next thing we knew, she was against the wall with her hands over her eyes! (JJ has this picture on his cellphone!)

Another part of the show was when the hibachi griller (?) cut vegetables and attempted to throw them into people's mouths. It took BIL AJ a few tries and then the griller practically drowned him in what he called sake. Next up was nephew BJ. He didn't quite get the concept and the griller did his best to get a veggie in there, throwing three at a time a few times. heehee Next up was yours truly, and, ahem, I hate to gloat, but I caught mine on the first try! I guess I just have a big mouth? We'll say a good throw plus good coordination. heehee... yeah... that's what we'll say.

At one point the griller had a fire going... I think it was the volcano fire at this time (stacks of onion), and he had to put out the fire. He had this little water bottle in the shape of a little boy... and the boy "peed" out the water. He "put out" the fire and then went to fill up nephew BJ's mouth...

So, all in all, the restaurant was very entertaining and I quite enjoyed my hibachied (is that a word?) veggies.

No comments: