Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tidbits of Advice: Bedtime "Stuff"

So I can FINALLY post this! MVJ has seemed to finally settle into a routine. Yay! Here are a few things I try to remember to do before MVJ falls asleep for the *night* (hopefully) -- they are in no particular order:

*No overhead lights (I only use the side lamp)
*Breastfeeding as late as possible, for as long as possible!
*Diaper change as late as possible, with "butt cream" (I don't know if it actually works, but I feel like it helps protect her bumbum when she wets herself in the middle of the night but before she's ready for her morning meal)
*Classical music -- we have two Baby Einstein CDs (which are amazing!) -- I just start it out really low as soon as we go into her room for sleepytime
*PJs -- I had been using gowns exclusively, but now she kicks them off and only has her top covered. Now, I use sleepers, with one blankie. She has this blanket sleeper that doesn't have legs cut out, so she can still kick around inside of it, but is still zipped in. This is my current fav.
*A little rocking -- this is mostly accomplished during the breastfeeding
*A little story -- I started out reading a daily devotional outloud. I figured it was as good material as any and she wasn't comprehending words so the story didn't need to be at her level. Now I've started reading some of her board books. Who knows when she'll be ready, but at least it'll have just "always been" that way.

No comments: