Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh, and one more thing...

So I should totally mention that my daughter (and son for that matter) are not perfect.  I think sometimes I make them sound perfect... but frankly I am completely smitten with them either way!

M has certainly had her moments, like when she woke up in the middle of the night and needed to be held that second by MOMMY.  Oh, and along with that I think we've had two nights where she's slept all night long since Baby C made his arrival at our house.  Like last night... so fabulous... C was up about every two hours and in between those, M was up twice... In other words, it's time for my NAP!

M has been confused a little about Mommy being home all the time too.  Since I'm here, I should just play with her ALL day every day, right??  We're working on that...  She HAS requested to go to M's house at least once already... she just loves M and her friends there.

We've also had some issues with her being able to access everything now.  1. The refrigerator.  Ugh.  It is such a battle for her to keep it closed.  I'm honestly contemplating one of those fridge locks.  It may not be so bad for ME either... I KNOW, I know, I'm breastfeeding and need some extra calories, but it's just that we have so much delicious food here because of wonderful and generous friends that it seems like all I'm doing is EATING!  2. The sink.  Double ugh.  M is a water girl.  She LOVES to play in the water, which isn't such a bad thing except for when she runs the water for forever.  She always has a valid excuse, too.  When she hears me coming, she's quick to be "brushing M's teeth!" or "washing M's hands!"  I've instituted a 20 second rule.  She can play for a little bit and then Mommy counts to twenty.  When I get there, the water needs to be shut off.  When it doesn't happen, Mommy closes the door (we now have a child lock on THAT door) and the bathroom is off limits for the morning or afternoon or whatever.  That'll be a thing that'll need to change quickly if M ever decides to pick up potty training.  

No comments: