Saturday, March 5, 2011

How do you FEEL??

Lately whenever I see someone (especially at work) I get one of two questions.  You're still here??? and/or How do you FEEL??? 

I'm sure everyone has good intentions, but it does make me wonder just how big and uncomfortable I'm looking these days!  To be honest, I have been feeling more and more pressure in my lower abdomen.  And there really is no room in there - but who really needs to be able to fully expand their lungs or, say, put on their socks?? 

Other than that I have been feeling SO GREAT.  Honestly.  It's weird.  A few weekends ago I had some contractions and thought this is it.  Here we go.  But since then I have definitely been having Braxton-Hicks, but no more contractions.  It's just so weird to think about a potentially normal delivery.  The only things I've started worrying about are my water breaking (still TOTALLY freaked out about that... I'll be honest) and pushing out a baby bigger than M.  She was just so little (at almost 6 lbs.) it wasn't such a crazy thing.  I just do NOT envy my friends with big babies.  I mean obviously you get through it and have a healthy, happy baby and it's all good.  Right?

I'm really hoping for a Friday night baby... we'll see how much Momma's timeline is followed.  I've decided that I'm going to walk about 7 miles and eat food as spicy as I can muster after work Friday.  Why Friday?  It's the start of SPRING BREAK (no work for a full week!) and AFTER spring break, my sick leave takes me into April, so I can be out until mid-May.  Make sense?  Get my logic?  I'm talking to you, too, Mr. Man!

2 comments:

Lanae Brown said...

I've heard castor oil works too, but I never had the guts to try it! Good luck! I think of you every day!

JJ and EJ said...

Yeah... not sure I'm willing to go that extreme... heard of something else but thought I'd be clean and not post it (wink, wink)!

Thanks Lanae! You're so sweet! I canNOT wait to hold this little guy!