Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Announcing... The BIG Sister!

So not only did we add a new baby to the mix, but we added/changed a role to our beautiful daughter: Big Sister.  I was so nervous it's not even funny at how she would do.  That whole "hope for the best but expect the worse" thing was my mantra.  We geared her up as much as possible -- we read books about being a big sister, and talked her up about being a BIG girl, and helped her pick out a few BIG sister toys, and just plain talked to her about what would happen.  My Mom flew in to town Tuesday night (before the big induction date) so M didn't see her before she went to bed, and we were gone in the morning before she woke up.  While we had talked this over with M, it was still a quite abrupt transition.  Oh distress of distresses for this momma.

But guess what???

She did and IS doing an awesome job!  I am so, so proud of her!  Of course having Grandma here for almost two weeks helped out tremendously!  M transitioned right in to hanging out with Grandma on Wednesday and by 4pm she was strolling into the hospital to meet baby brother.  She was in awe right away.  She always wanted to "hold it."  And had the cutest little coo sounds for baby brother along with a million or so kissies.  She has been awesome about sitting down to hold him, but I can tell that she really wants to just pick him up one of these times... I've been watching very closely!

We did run into a bit of snag with the fact that I could still not feel my legs while they visited Wednesday so I could not get out of bed.  This was hugely distressing to poor M girl and she wanted absolutely nothing to do with my hospital bed -- even after I showed her how cool it is to move it up and down.

Thursday morning I texted my mom a picture of baby C and here is how the text conversation went:

Me: Good morning!
Gma (and M): I showed this to M... she said "tiny"... now she wants a pic of mommy.
Me: (sent a picture of me waving) Hi M!  Mommy loves you!  Muuah!  Muuah!  Muuah!
M (via Gma text): mommy get up

I just about died laughing because I could just HEAR her saying that.  Bless her little heart, she was still thinking about me not being able to get out of bed.  The next two hospital visits went much better because I could show M how well I was feeling.     

1 comment:

Lyz said...

Already bossing. She's a big sister prodigy.:)