Thursday, March 3, 2011

Adventures at the DMV

A few weeks ago we received a note in the mail from our county sheriff's department (I think it was the sheriff... something like that).  For some reason I immediately thought JJ was summoned for jury duty so I teased him a little bit.  It's just been his luck.  He was called three times while we lived in GF.  But I digress.  When he finally opened the note, it was about us being negligent about not changing over our licenses to KS.  Ooops...  I seriously didn't think we would have to do that.  When you're a student, don't you not have to get state licenses?  Well, in any case, we needed to do it... and fast!  Good thing the highway patrol and DMV have amazing hours.  Something like 8-3 or some such nonsense.  WHO can make times like that???  Finally the time came when we both had time off AND my parents were here (to watch M-girl).  We decided to take advantage of it!  The DMV was quite the adventure.  It was in a strip mall, so that was kind of interesting.  AND they have this thing where you check in at a computer leaving your cell phone number.  The last four digits become your code and your place "in line" shows up on TV screens.  THEN, you can go about your business and the DMV texts you when there's about 15 minutes left of your wait.  I thought it was all pretty interesting.  So, long story short, we finally took care of our licenses and now I can never find my car.  The end.   

No comments: