Monday, August 23, 2010

Two more funny stories!

So I could write all about how MVJ has been on a hitting spree lately, but why talk about the negative?  Plus, she had a really good day today.  I'm so thankful to everyone who gave me advice on fb.  I love that network to quickly get advice and not feel like you're the only one dealing with not fun stuff.  Of all of them, I have to give it to Uncle A who made me feel much better.  Just be consistent, be immediate but (I think above all) be patient.  I'm definitely NOT a perfect parent, but it made me feel better to think that if I just slow down and calm down and realize she's just wanting to learn more about the world through me, it makes me feel so much better.

OK!  What did I say about not writing about the negative??  : )

MVJ did two hilarious things on Sunday morning that I just have to share.

First of all, she woke up (a bit late -- YAY!! -- I even got some reading in bed in!) and after we changed her dipe and cuddled a bit, I brought her into our bed to say good morning to Daddy.  She (of course) was hauling around her baby and blankie.  Daddy teased her and took "bank-bank" from her and covered his face with it.  I playfully said, "Where's Daddy?!"  She immediately replied, "At work."  Uh oh... she must be hearing that a lot.  Get used to it girlfriend.  Daddy's in med. school, which we (correctly) call "work".

I have to preface this story by saying that MVJ has been my shadow lately.  Wherever I go, whatever I do, she is right there next to me.  I used to knock her down like three times a day because I just didn't remember that she was RIGHT NEXT TO ME at all times.  So anyways, lately when I have to go to the bathroom, I just announce it to her because I know she'll be trotting after me anyways.  And now, since she has her own potty chair, when I go potty, she sits down too.  Well Sunday as I reached for the toilet paper (sorry if this is TMI!), she asked for some too.  I tore off two squares for her and she proceeded to wipe herself (over her diaper and clothes).  It was just way too cute!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

LOL..so cute. Love the potty story. We are trying to do the same thing with David. He's a boy however and has already lost interest :(