Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My 18 Month Girl

We had MVJ's 18 month check up yesterday... a few days late, but with the move and everything it took us this long to a) find a good pediatrician (I'm sure they're all good... but you know...) and b) get an appointment scheduled.

MVJ thoroughly gave every person her best stank eye ever from the receptionist to the nurse and she reserved her stankiest face for the poor doctor.  I guess she is an equal opportunity scowler at this point.  She didn't even need shots this appointment - THANK GOODNESS.  MVJ mostly ran around while first the nurse and then the doctor asked me questions.  The doctor was like, "I was just going to ask if she can climb onto a chair, but... clearly..." as MVJ pretty much danced on the chair next to me...

I am so happy with our choice of pediatrician.  She was very thorough - and gave me a lot of information, which I love.  I always have questions, just one of those people.  She answered each one, commiserated with me, and gave some helpful advice and even a few pats on the back.  I got a take home pamphlet and a nice graph of my baby's growth.

And let me tell you about MVJ's growth.  I canNOT even tell you how surprised we were:

head circumference (well... this was no surprise... the kid has a J head... ; )): 74th percentile
weight: 51st percentile (from hovering around the 20th this was excellent news!)
height: 69th percentile!  (for those of you who know me, I'm NOT a tall person, so this was a shocker!  There is basically a split of talls and shorts in JJ's family.  He is one of the talls, so I guess Miss MVJ has Daddy's genes in the height department)... well... at 18 months anyways!  : )

 

2 comments:

The Elwells' Weekly said...

She is getting so big! I just love the fact that our girls are so close in age! It is so fun to watch Miss M grow up right along with Little L! We are seriously going to have to try and find a time to get together before they are graduating from high school! Like I've said before, if you are ever coming through Minneapolis let us know and maybe we can set up a fun play date!

Lyz said...

Jealous. That is all.