Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Current Fav. Salad

This post has been apparently a long time in the making because I took pics of this salad at our old apartment.  notice the paneling.  Yuck!  So, this is my favorite salad for a lot of reasons.  It is forgiving and flexible and you can feel like a master chef throwing a little of this and a little of that in!  Now!  On to the recipe!


Start with some veggies! I happened to have a left over veggie tray - it worked for me!


Cut up the veggies, really to any size you want, I also added black olives and cucumbers.




Oh!  You should also get some noodles al dente.  My favorite to use with this recipe is bow tie pasta.



See, and I was getting kind of crazy - I added bacon!  Mmmm!


So, add that all together...


 ... and then the Pièce de résistance... add Coleslaw dressing (enough to wet it all) on top of all of it.  Delish!  And so easy!

I just made this salad yesterday with my Farmer's Market finds -- I ended up skipping the bacon but adding fresh mozzarella cheese (cubed) and some basil.  Give a try and tell me what combination of veggies/additions you used!

No comments: