Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cute babies!

I just have two quick kiddo stories...

*******************************

MVJ has three (sometimes four) little buddies that hang out with her at daycare.  One of them is just the cutest little boy.  I was telling JJ this story earlier, and he was like, "Oh, you mean that funny looking one?" ... so I guess cuteness is relative... But anyways!  Friday when I was walking out of daycare, he, his sister and his Dad were walking in.  He was taking his sweet old time walking through the woodchips NEXT TO the sidewalk up the front walk.  The director commented on it to his Dad: "I love how J walks through the woodchips EVERY morning."  And Dad's response was priceless: "I wish that was the weirdest thing he did..."

*******************************

MVJ has become quite a bit more verbal and conversational lately.  She is hilarious!  We love that she is actually communicating with us.  We can ask her stuff and she'll say, "Yeah." or "No!"  But the funniest is when she wants something, she'll usually say please and then if she gets what she wants, she'll say (TO ME), "Good girl!"  heehee... I wonder if we've been overemploying the strategy of positive affirmation!  : )
 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the dad's comment on the son-that's hilarious!
Sounds like you are all settling in well. Are you used to the heat yet?!

JJ and EJ said...

I KNOW!! Wasn't that just hilarious and SO TRUE sometimes?! ; )

J -- it has been SO TOUGH living in this heat. We rarely go outside basically. Poor M has been deprived of walks lately... : (