Friday, August 13, 2010

Project Runway: current thoughts

We are doing the whole free tv thing right now - no cable - just the free channels in the area... which amounts to 23 channels - not too shabby!  Unfortunately Bravo and Lifetime did not make the cut, which are basically my cable addictions.  Lifetime purely for the purpose of watching PROJECT RUNWAY!  My bff TAF totally got me hooked on this one.  Ahhh... back in the day when we were nextdoor neighbors one of us would bop over to the other's place, plop down on the couch, and watch Project Runway with bated breath.  Seriously.  No talking during the show or anything.  Then, commercials would come on and the room would light up with opinions and "No she DI-N'Ts."  JJ even joined in a few times.  Project Runway is a total equal opportunity enjoyment show.  I guess to be fair and show both sides, the only complaint might be the blatant homosexuality - I know of at least one couple who chose not to watch it with their children based on that.  Ok, and I do have to add that sometimes I do NOT know what the judges are thinking - but that's part of the fun!

Ok, so thoughts on this season as I gear up to watch season eight week three - thank goodness for mylifetime.com!  : )
*I like Valerie!  I think she's cute and totally entertaining if nothing else!  They have to keep her around!
*Sad, but I think April won't last too much longer.  She's just too new and inexperienced.
*What the heck is up with Casanova?  He'll be gone soon too.  Please.  Pretty please.
*AJ is way too stressed.  Sorry, but I predict he won't be in the finals for sure.
*I liked McKell.  Single tear.  But now she can be with her baby.  That would've been so rough!
*Gretchen is good but not sure how long she'll keep her top dog position.  She seems genuinely nice.
*Sarah is odd looking.
*Christopher is good too.  I think he'll go far (just from the first two weeks of course!)
*Michael's commentaries are funny!
*Ivy is good too!
*I think Andy has put out some good, interesting pieces.  Excited to see more.

I think that's about all I have so far... now shhhh... it's about to begin!

2 comments:

The Elwells' Weekly said...

We do the same thing with just free cable but then we supplement with watching stuff online! It is amazing since you can watch it whenever you want!

Then only thing that kinda stinks is the fact that the coufch in our computer room isn't that comfy. Our computer screen is really nice but it's just not the same as sitting on our nice couch and watching it on the big screen!

Enjoy your show!

JJ and EJ said...

EE -- I totally agree -- we just have our computer chair and it is not as comfy. But, I also have a tendency to fall asleep watching tv, so it keeps me up long enough to watch "my show"! ; )

Thanks friend! I was just about to bop over to your new post! : )