Friday, September 19, 2008

Water Park Fun

We got to go to a water park with SIL LJ and her two kiddos, LJ (4) and BJ (2). AJ, JJ's bro, was eating gourmet food (ahem, attending a conference). We had a fabulous time, once we got in the water. My poor swimming suit had to stretch a bit to accommodate my growing... well... body in general. The kiddos loved the slides -- especially LJ on the "toilet bowl" -- a big intertube slide that shoots riders into this big open bowl that spins them around until the end up at the bottom with the hole that shoots down into the main pool (connected to the lazy river).

BJ started getting Tired, and while he was dazing off, I told LJ she could take li'l LJ down the slide -- since previously BJ threw a fit if she tried to leave. On their second go-round, BJ wisened up to what the whole situation was, and started crying. He would cry harder if JJ or I tried to console him, so we tried to keep our distance. In fact, if he saw us looking at us, he started to cry. We did our best to be responsible caretakers (read: we didn't want people to think this was an abandoned child), while giving him his personal space. When he went back in the water, I caught up to him (it was supershallow, and he did have a life jacket, but I wanted to make sure he was safe). He let me pick him up and I pointed out where his mommy and sister were. LJ left to put him to bed, and told us to give her some time to put BJ to bed before bringing niecey LJ up to the room.

We played for a while in the water, and then I took LJ back up the big slide. On our first time back on the slide, she said, "Phew, I'm going to sleep well tonight!" We went two more times after that and on our third time being shot back into the big pool, we got going backwards. As we hit the water, the force of it threw me off the tube, which meant LJ went too! Thank goodness she had her life jacket on! I quickly got back to the surface and grabbed her bobbing body. I said, "I was kind of scared there!" She said, "Me too!" When we were getting out of the water, she said, "I'm too tired to do that again."

No comments: