Sunday, September 21, 2008

More rummage sale finds!

On Saturday morning I had the good fortune and pleasure to go garage sale-ing with two guru garage salers: my SIL LJ and my good friend JP. After a quick stop at Starbucks, where I found a new hot drink to love (and I can even order it 1/2 caf.), we headed out. I was not very organized. The night before I had written down some rummage sale addresses that were posted in our paper. There were a few I knew I wanted to hit up and the rest just either mentioned low, low prices or specifically baby stuff. We hit the jackpot on stop #1. The seller had twins -- a boy and a girl -- and the things she was selling were definitely priced to sell. I got some cute clothes AND one of those little baby holders that vibrates and plays music. The lady said she had gotten three somehow, so this one was barely used -- and sure enough when I opened the box later at home it looked good as new. We hit some other sales and at another one with lots of baby clothes, it was pretty incredible to see the price difference. There were sleepers for $4 and $5! They were Gap, but c'mon, for a sleeper?? I did find some more reasonably priced (I'm thinking it was a multi-family sale). Then, later, I also found a canvas hanging thing for storage of diapers and things to go by the changing table. After regaling our husbands with our wonderful finds, we skipped town with AJ and LJ (they were headed home after a conference) to meet up with a friend. On the way, LJ called her mom, who said they had stopped a rummage sale earlier and there were supercute crib sets. We decided it was worth a quick stop (especially since BJ -- age 2 -- was sleeping soundly in the car). I ended up buying one of the crib sets for sale. The bumper has animals on it, with border of stars on a blue background and yellow stripes. The rest of the set is either the animals or stars. It was in excellent condition. It was the cheapest set, but it was definitely inexpensive compared with something brand new. And LJ reminded me I could get one cheaper, but then it would've been cheaper -- not as good of quality.

JJ is a little overwhelmed at my rummage sale purchases. I know he will thank me later, like once he realizes how much outfits cost and how quickly our "new" outfits will become used and abused. As a good wife, I will try not to say "I told you so" at that moment.

No comments: