Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fantasy Football

So. It all started when my BIL CPJ said I couldn't join his league. Let me backtrack. JJ has been playing fantasy football for as long as we've been married (almost five years people!) and it's always looked semi-interesting to me. Especially since at some point it just comes down to luck. So I asked CPJ if I could play. To his defense, there can only be a certain amount of people in a league, and his was pretty well established by this point. To my defense, c'mon hook a sista up! So, I decided to start my own. Called League Sunshine - just to rub it in a little. It's a just for fun FREE league that is even auto-drafted so we didn't have to do too much work. I invited a ton of my friends and family members to play and ended up with nine other dedicated (or at least semi-interested) participants. My first week I beat JJ. I was on cloud nine and even boasted just a little bit. Then, the downward spiral. I'm currently in last place! Boohoo! But it is quite enjoyable checking out the stats and figuring out who I want on my bench and who is up to the challenge of playing on my team. (ha!) And for your info, I've even learned a little bit. When I was first describing this whole fantasy concept to our upstairs neighbor BB, I was like, "Well, you get your own team -- a QB, a defense..... uh.... I can't think of any other players." heehee Now I can even name some specific players AND their teams! Go me! This is useful information when trying to connect with 7th grade boys - namely the kid with severe ED (emotional disturbance for those of you in the medical field (like my Mom) who always thinks I'm referring to erectile dysfunction) I was trying to get some work out of today.

No comments: