Monday, August 4, 2008

My jobs this week...

We are in JJ's parents' home town. JJ has been here for a week taking down the siding on his parents' house and putting up dryvit, and also working on a new photography studio in town. I am excited to be put to work for a week. I asked the Boss Man (JJ's dad) what my job was this week. He said my first job is to tame the litter of kitties they have. It sounds like a fun job, but let me tell you, those little guys are fiesty (and super cute!). Then, my next job is to scrape the paint off of the deck. This sounds simple enough - not the most fun job, but a job nonetheless. The only catch for me is he is planning on taking the deck off next year. So why go through the scraping and staining process only to tear it down? Because he has an extra bucket of stain. For those of you that know CJ, you completely know where he is coming from -- maybe not understand his logic -- but know where he is coming from. So, I am rebelling just a bit, and following JJ to the photo studio to be his assistant. Poor, poor JJ. : )

2 comments:

Lyz said...

I'd find something to do in town, too. You know he's only restaining because YOU are the one doing the grunt work. He'd find something else to do with that extra bucket.

JJ and EJ said...

You should see this new studio in town. It's really cool!