Monday, August 11, 2008

To work again, work again, jiggity jig

It's started. Duh duh duuuuuuh. I had a meeting today that lasted about two hours debating which teams would get which paras. I have to say, we are kind of stacked. We have some good ones that will really be great for the kiddos. I also got to meet the Resident Teacher (RT) who will be working with us. Awwww, for cute, I remember when I was an RT three years ago. She is a second year RT and is so with it. She will be an amazing help to me -- and actually she is case managing six of my kiddos. I went through all of my students' files (except my new student who just moved to town last week), wrote down IEP and 3-yr eval dates, and wrote down area of disability, goal categories, and modifications (for classroom teachers). I have 23 (I think at last count) students on my caseload. They are mostly students with LD, but I do have a few students with ED as well. There are no kids with autism or MR on my caseload this year, which is pretty unique I think. My first IEP is due 9-19 --- yipes! Teachers better get to know that kid right away so we can write about his present level of performance and set new goals... in September!

1 comment:

Lyz said...

When I was teaching, I used my gradebook to keep track of who had an IEP. Those gradebooks the school gives the teachers has a column for textbook # - and who the heck uses it for THAT!? I used it to note LD, ED, etc...it really helped when I was writing down grades (I always did it there first, before entering into the computer) and would notice a student hadn't turned something in. Then I would go across the hall to their special ed. teacher and let them know, so they had a heads up.

Man, I miss teaching sometimes!