Sunday, August 24, 2008

Baby updates

I have a secret blog where I have been trying to journal every day for memories later on and to document feelings, symptoms, getting prepared, etc. So, I'll try not to use this blog for baby stuff as much -- just updates for my faithful viewers. I get an email every week that says what's happening to our little guy or gal and it is just amazing let me tell you. Just now, for example, our baby is already learning to suck "its" thumb! Seriously! And it's only like 2 inches long. Our baby is smart! : )

Food has been an issue lately. For as long as I can remember, I've always had wierd eating habits, so friends always joked that when I started eating "normally", they'd know I was pregnant. Well, I'm here, and it's not gotten any better, even though I am much more aware of what I need to get in my belly. Meat especially is always a hassle for me. I love hot dogs ... like the bottom of the meat food chain and not the most healthy option. I love deli turkey meat ... but there is a warning about deli meat for preggers. I have been faithfully taking my prenatal vitamin just to make sure I'm getting the good stuff, even if it's not the best stuff (straight from the source). I haven't had too much morning sickness because I think I've learned the secret for my body -- keep food in my stomach. Do it. When I wake up, I immediately eat a handful of almonds that are right by my bed. I eat at every break possible during school. It's kind of ridiculous buying groceries, but I've been trying to pack a peach and baggie of carrots, for example, for my two breaks at school.

I've been buying maternity clothes if I find them supercheap ($7 bought me a pair of pants, a bra, and a dress at JCPenney's with a $10 off coupon two weeks ago, for example). I don't know what I'll need, but I figure, well, I know I'll need SOME stuff, so I might as well stock up when I can. My MIL, RJ, also is making me some clothes which is very special and wonderful!

I've been tired like nobody's business lately. I've been back to school and started coaching softball, and when I get home, I'm beat. Our apartment was showing it last Friday. Weekends are so wonderful, and so is my husband, who has stepped it up to help out and do my share most of the time, too. I really don't feel too badly for him, since his school hasn't started yet. Also, my upstairs neighbor, BB, and I were chatting about how guys just don't see what we see. Unless JJ has a specific list, he doesn't know really what to do to help out. He thinks the house is "clean" almost all of the time, when I can see probably five things at least that need to be done. Ahhh, the joys of differences in relationships.

1 comment:

Lyz said...

Good eating, EJ! School lunches are key, I believe.

I'll try to avoid giving general advice. You just ask when you want to know something, cause you know I'll fill you in.